Computers in the workplace

  It is important for employees in my type of industry to be computer literate because this is the main device we use when working. I work from home answering calls so knowing the basics on how computers work and how to navagate around on one is important. We use several different software programs back and forth and research on Google. Knowing how to download the software and getting to it every day just to assure we are clocked in and then answering calls. It is a main requirement of the job of having up to date system with the best upload/download speed while connected to the internet. Not only is speed important but so is having the best firewall and anti-virus. I know for myself it took me awhile to realize how important the security on my computer is needed. It is important for the employees in my industry to know the basic knowledge on not just the computer they utilize but also the basics on Dell, Mac, etc... especially when helping with basic troubleshooting steps. As for technology constantly improving it is important for younger generations know and learn the importance of computers.

Comments